New Designers is the UK’s leading graduate design show covering the largest breadth of disciplines, from textiles, fashion, ceramics, glass, jewellery. furniture, graphics, illustration, spatial, animation and product design. Taking place annually, ND brings together over 3,000 of the year’s most talented, forward-thinking graduate designers from the UK’s leading universities.
Immediate Live is the UK’s leading producer of unmissable consumer events; creating premium, passion-led events and experiences that connect and inspire audiences as they come together to share, learn and participate in their interests.
Our specialist content creators, producers and commercial teams are as passionate about their subjects as our audiences – working together to create live experiences and online content in art and design, textiles and craft, cycling, dance, food, gardening and travel for communities throughout the UK and across the world.
Please keep an eye on this page as well as our LinkedIn profile to see when opportunities become available.
We occasionally offer placements for students studying creative courses, particularly in the run up to New Designers.
Onsite Internship 2023
Bursting with ambition and radical ideas, New Designers 2023 brings you this year’s crop of the most creative individuals shaping the design world of tomorrow. Presenting every discipline in modern making over two weeks- unearth the work of more than 3000 hand-picked emerging design talents currently in education, meet the pace setters themselves and get excited about our creative future.
→ Week 1: 28 June – 1 July 2023 (Awards Preview 29 June) Textiles, Fashion & Costume Design, Jewellery & Contemporary Design Crafts, One Year In
→ Week 2: 5 – 8 July 2023 (Awards Preview 5 July) Furniture Product & Spatial Design, Visual Communications, ND Selects
Duration of internship:
→ During the show:
Event venue: Business Design Centre, 52 Upper St, Islington, London, N1 0QH
Up to 5 days a week onsite during the event
w/c 26 June and w/c 3 July
Total length of internship: 10 days across 2 weeks
Remuneration – Lunch expenses and reimbursement of daily travel costs up to
Role of Intern:
→ Assisting with the set-up of the event and ensuring exhibitors are adhering to health & safety guidelines including collating and distributing information
→ Meeting and providing information to judges, exhibitors and visitors
→ Assisting with information points to ensure a great visitor experience
→ Collating key event documents such as exhibitor welcome packs
→ Ensuring that the judging procedure runs smoothly, chaperoning Award winners. Sponsors and ad hoc duties at the Awards Preview night as required
→ Taking an active role in the management of the Talks Theatre and
Please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Application deadline: Monday 12th June 2023
Sales Executive - Art, Craft and Design Portfolio
- End date 28/10/21
- Salary range up to £24,000
You will be part of the team selling across the Art, Craft & Design portfolio, which includes our flagship events; London Art Fair, New Designers and The Festival of Quilts.
Reporting into the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for selling stand space and digital assets across the events; to both existing and new clients in these creative industries, from small craft businesses to design universities and established commercial art galleries.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the Sales Manager and Sales Development Manager to ensure our exhibitor targets are met in both quality and quantity.
- Selling stand space and digital assets to new and existing business, demonstrating good phone skills, confident in making sales calls and delivering high quality proposals and emails as part of the sales process.
- Playing an essential role in identifying new interesting, quality leads across each exhibitor sector; researching new business opportunities and visiting competitor events, as agreed with your line manager.
- Engaging new prospects, actively selling, and closing business. You will communicate pledges and forecasts with accuracy and have a good understanding of the performance of the team you work with.
- Building strong exhibitor relations and providing exceptional account management, using and managing the CRM system to track all customer contact, understanding client history and maintaining it to be accurate and up to date.
- Attending weekly sales meetings and being aware of the meeting objectives, participation requirements and ensuring actions are acted on and reviewed.
- Producing all sales contracts on CRM system and chasing return.
- Keeping floorplans up to date with help of Sales Manager.
- Owning your client debt and liaising with the finance team to manage and resolve any issues.
- Participating in an onsite rebook as planned by the Sales Manager, working toward all targets set.
- Attending all agreed Immediate Live shows with your line manager – you should expect during these times, that you may need to spend consecutive nights at the show location.
We are looking for a salesperson who is target driven, self-motivated and a strong team player who is passionate about their products. You will be naturally curious, always looking for new commercial opportunities, and will enjoy picking up the phone, making new connections, pitching, negotiating, and closing business.
This role requires good listening and communication skills to manage your own business, as well as working within a team, and ensuring exhibitors receive a consistent, high level of customer care from contracting through to the event.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
Be the first to know when 2024 tickets go on sale and receive exclusive discounts
Hear announcements on all the exciting programming happening at ND24
Enjoy our monthly Design Diary featuring local events, new podcasts, book recs, and so much more